Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update

So Friday when Joe and the kids went into the house, the house was hot and smelled like something was burning.  Upon inspecting the house he found that our furnace closet was very very hot.  He then turned off the main breaker and called the fire department.  Once they arrived and walked the house they said we were literally moments away from having a flash fire in our house.  Apparently the relay thingamajig wasn't working and even though the thermostat was not on, the furnace had been running all day.  When they looked through their special goggles to see what is hot, our unit was smoldering.  Needless to say, I have said many many thank you prayers to our Lord above for allowing us to come through this ordeal.

We were suppose to go to this super awesome new place w/ mini golf, go-karts, bowling, bumper cars, etc. with a old friend I hadn't seen in a number of years.  But instead, we were instructed to stay at the home front to make sure nothing ignited.  Which we gladly did.

* * Thank you Lord Jesus for sparing our home and our possesions.  Thank you for the reminder that what matters is not what is in the home, but the people who live in it.  I will be mindful to give you the Glory, Honor and Praise in all that I do.  Amen! * *

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! I am thankful it was discovered before something terrible happened!

Rebeccalynn_dj said...

I am glad you all are okay. My birth mother had that happen and lost everything. They got out with moments to spare.

 
design by suckmylolly.com